I have a very basic skills of applying my make-up so I was really interested to find out more and to take a look at their latest range. I already have Napoleon Perdis make-up in my bag and I love the Foundation Stick . When ever I wear make up I use this and I love it, although I discovered I do need to buy a new foundation brush...Morgan said!
|“Skintelligent coverage” - NAPOLEONThis double beauty duty base provides minimum to maximum coverage and is also the perfect concealer.|
Sets to a matte finish.
I found the whole night really interesting as I really need to 'see' how to do things to really learn. Morgan explained to us what the latest trends were and how to best achieve them with the Napoleon Perdis make up range. Through out the night she asked for volunteer models to demonstrate the trends on, I am kicking myself now that I didn't go up. I was a bit shy (hey! it does happen sometimes.) I enjoyed being shown how to apply the products and hearing what Morgan suggested when people pressed her for information on what was best to use or what look would best suit an event or outfit. I didn't see hesitate once or have to think twice so she sure knows her stuff!
When asked about 'THE' Napoleon Perdis she spoke of a passionate man who enjoys making women feel beautiful. Morgan spoke of fashion week and how busy, crazy it can get and what they do to make all the models glamorous. Morgan went on to say that Napoleon does all this plus meets with the media at the same time. She is unsure how he does it all as just doing all the make-up can be a very tiring enough let alone meeting with the large numbers of the media and being super excited to see all of them.
There were so many products that I want to purchase from their range, especially now I understand how to better use them (see tips below). Here are some links to products I have on my wish list..
1.Auto Pilot Pre Foundation Primer 2. Napoleon Lip Lacquer 3. Camera Finish 4. China Doll Foundation 5. China Doll Gel Eyeliners 6.Love Bite Lip Plump
Top Tips I learnt (can remember)
- Use a primer as it helps your foundation to hold and also gives your face a fresh look and feel. If you don't use a primer your face drinks up your foundation. Who knew?
- Put your mascara on first! WHAT? yes! that is what I was told. This is usually the last thing that is applied when putting on make up, but in fact it should be done first as it a great starting point. You can always apply extra at the end if needed. Napoleon's top tip is to apply the first layer with the specially designed comb that separates your lashes, then turn the comb over and use the larger comb to build volume from the roots of your lashes. (this is after priming but before anything else ladies!)
- Apply foundation from the center of your face outwards blending towards the outer areas of your face. (I must buy a foundation brush!)
- Use a powder to set your make up... or it will fall off your face through out the day!! Okay the falling off the face part is from me, but in so many words that is what she meant! Makes sense actually.
- To make your lipstick last longer the hot tip is to find eye shadow in a similar colour and put this over your lipstick. It apparently works like a charm and won't disappear from your lips.
- If you are game then Colour blocking is HUGE so why not give it a go? Eyes or lips they are both fair game so buy a new colour and dare to stand out from the crowd. If you are worried like me then see the tip below!
- Use Napoleon white liquid eyeliner and mix it with your lipstick to tone those bright colours down if you are afraid to wear the bright colours like me! Over time you will become confident and you can add less eyeliner to the mix.
Since attending the event I have been watching videos of Napoleon's on their website and picking up even more tips. I am off to the races on Sunday so nothing like being put to the test!
If you have a chance to get along to a Napoleon VIP night you should defiantly go, or if you can't do that, take a look at one of their stores near you or shop online.
Do you have any hot tips that I should know about?