|This is one of my entries into #CaptureTheCover|
I love to take photos, stopping to capture the beauty around me is my way of stopping to smell the roses. I personally find the more time I spend taking photos the more I want to do it. My perception of the world around me changes too when I do this. I start to see small things that I'd not payed attention too and the beauty within makes me want to capture it.
Unfortunately I don't have a big fancy camera, but I do have my beloved iPhone 5!
I use my iPhone5 and that is it! That is the awesome thing about this competition, you can be an every day Jo or Fee (Like Me!) and enter by just using your phone, or you can enter by using your fancy camera too.
|Photo Credit : Pat - runner up 2012|
What Is Capture The Cover Competition
A photography competition with the theme Only Locals Know.
I am helping promote the Melbourne section of the competition but it is running in various locations around Australia, so please take a look at the website for all location details.
What You Need To Do
You're invited to share your favourite spots in your local area (where you live and it's surrounds). As a local you might have a fave shop, park bench, street art or maybe even a tree. You take a photo of that special thing and then enter it via CAPTURE THE COVER COMPETITION or via Instagram (see Capture The Cover Competition website for more details on how to enter). If chosen, your picture will end up on the front of a yellow pages book in your local area!! You can win $1000 for the Hero picture if chosen to display on the yellow pages book and $100 for the runner up photos that are chosen to also appear on the book in a smaller format.
Entering your photo
- Be a .jpg
- Be the highest quality your camera allows
- Not show anyone's face
- Be taken in the region that you live
Entering via Instagram?
- Take the picture in your local region
- Include the hashtag #CaptureTheCover and @yellow_au
- Follow the prompts in Step 2 to choose and submit your entry
Your image must:
- Retain your original image too. We'll need it if you win!
- To enter a photo from Instagram ensure you have tagged the image in your account using #CaptureTheCover
- To ensure winning entries fit perfectly on the cover they need to be square. Cropping is available on submission but please take this into account when framing your photo